Technical Support Officer
• Handle requests for assistance or problem reports from users internal and external.
• Obtain necessary information from users to adequately describe requests or problem reports.
• Analyze, manage requests and liaise with the appropriate parties to ensure requests and problems are handled correctly.
• Provide support to customers locally and internationally, remotely and on-site.
• Participate in the evolution of existing products.
• Provide in-house expertise and technical support to end-users on database and software-related issues.
• Work collaboratively with project teams to ensure the successful delivery of solutions, identify issues/risks, and adjust to shifting priorities while maintaining project pace/schedule.
• Be available to work some evenings and occasional weekends to support staff and customers as and when needed.
• Assist in the planning, design, documentation, and implementation of various systems
• Ability to create and maintain good functional and technical documentation
• Available for travel overseas for onsite implementation, support and training
Experience and Qualifications:
• Degree/Diploma in IT, Computer Science or a related field
• Minimum 3 years working experience in an IT environment, specifically in a software development environment
• Proven on site customer support experience
• Good SQL knowledge is required
• Good Knowledge of virtualization technology
• Linux knowledge is required
• Database and Server management, including the ability to setup servers, both Linux and Windows based
• Knowledge of programming languages is optional, but highly recommended
• Familiarity with the .NET platform would be an advantage
• Solid understanding of networking including routers, switches, ports, VPN and remote access technology
• Knowledge of POS/EFT systems, and the payment card industry in general would be a definite advantage
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks and work with minimal supervision
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Customer focused with a high degree of responsiveness
• Ability to learn quickly and adapt to frequently changing situations
• Excellent troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse groups
• Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing and implementing skills which allows the successful completion of a project by a specific due date
• Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations
• Must be able to read and effectively interpret general business documentation
Agency/Employer: Expand Technology Ltd
Town or City: Phoenix (Plaines Wilhems)
Related Job Titles: Not stated
Permanent/Contract: Permanent, Full time
Experience: 3 years
Salary: Not specified
This job vacancy is not avaiable at present. You can find similar vacancies by searching for related keywords
[Tell a friend about this job opportunity]
[Plaines Wilhems] Spacial.com, the leading Internet radio software developers is looking for a dyna...
Document and File Administrator
[Port Louis] An Offshore Management company, based in Port Louis, is looking for a su...
[Plaines Wilhems] Our Client:
Our Client, one of the leading companies in the ICT and Communica...
[Plaines Wilhems] Trainer should be at least a BSc in IT or equivalent
Should have a knowledge in Web &am...
Classroom Assistant - Female
[Plaines Wilhems] TO START NOW !
An excellent female Classroom Assistant is needed...
[Port Louis] Personal/Executive Assistant
Responsibilities include, but are not limit...
Entry Level Programmer
[Plaines Wilhems] - Code Program
SC/GCE O LEVEL
HSC / GCE A LEVEL...
[Plaines Wilhems] Find clients for the company...
[Plaines Wilhems] - Prepare or Develop the recommended system
- To analyze a given organiz...
[Plaines Wilhems] Our client, an American company specialized in online training for young adults is...
Search jobs with these words
(+9) Support Officer
(+46) Technical Support
(+22) It Technical Support