Credit Risk Analyst/manager
An investment holding company incorporated in Malta and listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange, has recently established a subsidiary in Mauritius, to lead and implement various group strategies in becoming a Pan-African retailer and financial services provider. The group sells innovative home ware merchandise, personal electronics and financial services products to a rapidly expanding market in southern Africa.
The company is based in the north and is currently looking for a Credit Risk Analyst/Manager. The purpose of the role is to manage credit risk related projects for the company, maintain and update risk policies and strategies, in order to reduce credit risk and assist senior management with making profitable credit decisions.
The responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
• Credit Risk Policy
- Maintain and update credit risk strategy
- Monitor and update credit limit structures and policies
- Monitor performance of and implement improvements to scorecards and analytics models
- Ensure regulatory compliance with credit-related legislation
• Credit Committee
The Credit Risk Manager will be a member of the Credit Risk committee. The committee is responsible for maintaining the credit policy and ensuring that the book is performing as per the policy. The Credit Risk Manager will be responsible for conducting the quarterly Credit Risk meetings with the Credit Risk committee and providing a full analysis on performance against forecast
• Portfolio Modeling
- Oversee the modelling of the credit portfolio and its impact on the group
- Manage bad debt, cash flow and risk forecasting models
• Monitor Outsource Relationships
- Monitor and manage the marketing function, which may be outsourced to ensure campaigns are in line with strategic and risk criteria
- Monitor and manage the operational functions which may be outsourced including: early stage collections, late stage collections, vetting, fraud, call centers & back office
• Implementation of growth strategies
- Support the development of a strategy and action plan to acquire new customers and forecast the number of new customers required to meet the business’ growth aspirations
- Ensure that the credit risk strategy is in line with and supports the acquisition strategy
- Evaluate, compare and provide target market alternatives
• Portfolios monitoring
- Supply accurate, insightful credit risk reports
- Identify, analyze and interpret trends in order to identify opportunities and threats
- Suggest and implement changes to credit policy in order to maximize these opportunities and minimize threats
- Evaluate and analyze tests and credit decisions with the specific objective of accurate forecasting for the future
- Audit and verify test results
- Assist in identifying opportunities in competitive analysis
- Provide thorough research, back end analysis and reporting
• People Management
- Manage, coach and mentor entry level team members who may join the team
- Schedule resources and operational efficiency of team
- Conduct regular presentation to the Board of Directors
• Project Management
- Ensure delivery on all projects as instructed by the Director
- Ensure successful implementation of projects in accordance with the company’s Project Management Methodology
- Identify and implement process improvement
The following requirements apply:
• A relevant degree BCom, B Bus Sci, BSc, B Eng
• Minimum of 5 years experience as an analyst in the credit risk environment
• Experience with performing credit risk analysis for a loans provider would be hugely beneficial
• Proven experience with scorecards, analytics and portfolio modelling
• Advanced computer literacy skills with a high proficiency in MS Excel and SQL
• The ability to integrate and interpret numerical and statistical information
• Project management experience is essential
• Excellent interpersonal communication, assertiveness and judgment skills
• Strong planning, organizing and coordinating skills
• Performance-driven and results-orientated with a relentless drive to succeed
• The ability to prioritize and multi-task within a fast-paced and pressurized environment
• Exceptional attention to detail with a thorough approach to work
• A strong can-do attitude and an energetic positive approach
The successful candidate must live in Mauritius and/or be eligible to work here. If you are interested, please send your full CV, in English, to (Send CV using the apply link)
Agency/Employer: HEBA Consulting Ltd
Town or City: Mapou (Pamplemousses)
Sector: Banking and Finance
Related Job Titles: Credit Risk Analyst,Risk Management Analyst,Risk Management Consultant,Risk Management Specialist
Permanent/Contract: Permanent, Full time
Experience: 5 years
Salary: Not specified
Apply to this job
[Tell a friend about this job opportunity]
[Pamplemousses] An International company,specialising in the field of contract operations and the m...
Junior Accounts Officer
[Port Louis] The person needs to have good accounting knowledge
Experience will be a plus...
[Port Louis] Very good accounting knowledge with experience...
Junior Investment Manager
[Riviere du Rempart] A pan African property income fund focusing on African real estate ass...
Accounts Payable Clerk
[Port Louis] A US based company with an operational focus on producing clean renewable energy/...
Accounts Receivable Clerk
[Port Louis] A US based company with an operational focus on producing clean renewable ener...
[Port Louis] A US based company with an operational focus on producing clean renewable energy/solar e...
[Riviere du Rempart] An asset management company with a base in Grand Baie is looking for a Comp...
Search jobs with these words
(+180) It Manager
(+16) Project Manager
(+89) Hotel Manager