An International Hotel Group based in the north of Mauritius is looking for a Marketing Executive.
Develop and implement marketing communications for the hotel to ensure revenue and coverage are achieved, marketing communications strategies are set, tactical plans are created and implemented, and results are monitored and achieved.
• Produces and execute Marketing Communications Plan which promotes and maintains good public relations in order to maintain the prestigious image of the hotel. Duties involve planning, directing, controlling, coordinating and participating in all Public Relations and marketing activities.
• The first order of business is to assess our current social media marketing processes and strategies. Along with the company stakeholders. You will require to create and implement the social media strategy framework that will be applied to each client engagement, including Facebook, Google, Tripadvisor, Twitter, etc
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develops a public relations programme for the hotel based on its marketing goals. Liaises with Sales targeting specific markets and developing the public relations strategies to reach these markets
• Establishes sales leads from the study of magazines, newspapers and form personal contacts coordinates sales leads with Banqueting and Sales Departments.
• Developing department annual budget. Monitor and controlling departmental costs on an ongoing basis o ensure performance against budget
• Adhere to hotel brand standards
• Monitor & maintain budgetary control over PR expenditures prepare summaries for program tracking and determine effectiveness of current promotions to maximize the Company’s return on social media investments.
• Educate and train team members in compliance with brand standards, service behaviours, and governmental regulations. Ensure staff has the tools, training, and equipment to carry out job duties.
• Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Ensure appropriate staffing levels based on guest volume. Interact with outside contacts: Guests, Vendors, and other contacts as needed.
• Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with hotel or company rules and policies.
• Provide guests with information example: loyalty programmes, area attractions, restaurants, facility information to enhance guest experience.
• Develops media contacts, plans press conferences and other press activities. Acts as hotel’s liaison with media to promote good publicity and counteract bad publicity.
• Develops and organizes promotional activities, coordinates with departments concerned invites VIPs and media to promotional activities prepares and issues press releases
• Establishes a programme for sending promotional news to trade publications on a regular basis releases covering special events, promotions, etc.
• Prepares promotional press releases on personalities among guests and employees of the hotel and on newsworthy events in the hotel
• Provides information to other departments on activities within and outside the hotel which may be useful when dealing with guests
• Accepts clients and media complaints, requests, and inquiries and coordinates handling with departments concerned
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Bachelors Degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in hospitality or related field, and 4+ years total experience in a marketing communications or related field, with direct supervisory experience over marketing communications, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Must speak local languages. Other languages preferred
Technical skills and knowledge :
• Self motivated, hungry for a challenge, and looking to make an immediate impact.
• Fully engaged in social media culture and understand the fine line of managing a professional, but effective social media presence.
• Demonstrated expertise of online marketing as well as offline
• Good writing and are good at it, and have strong proofreading capabilities.
• Strong marketing foundational knowledge.
• Strong analytical skill to analyze complex business challenges and come up with creative ways to solve them. Able to analyze metrics/data, and how to segment and report in a logical fashion.
• Demonstrated project management experience in organising, planning and executing new projects from conception through to implementation and evaluation.
• Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to develop and present data-driven recommendations successfully, promotes ideas persuasively, and shape the opinions of others.
• Experience of managing and multiple stakeholders - internal, external, global, brand, agency, etc.
• In depth knowledge of marketing principles and concepts and demonstrated creative problem solving ability and demonstrated creative thinking skills.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain a consistent, high quality customer-focused orientation, including providing clear, accurate information explaining procedures or materials or providing supplemental information anticipating problems or questions.
• Demonstrated expertise of online marketing as well as offline
• Creative, innovative, and aware of new technology trends in the travel industry
• Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Photoshop skills will be a plus
• Strong communication skills in English. Local language and source market language a plus
• Team Player and excellent interpersonal skills
The successful candidate must have the right to live and work in Mauritius.
Agency/Employer: HEBA Consulting Ltd
Town or City: Grand Baie (Riviere du Rempart)
Related Job Titles: Director of Marketing and Public Relations,Marketing Public Relations Director,Marketing Public Relations Manager,Marketing Communications,Marketing Communications Associate,Marketing Communications Consultant,Marketing Communications Executive,Public Relations Marketing,Public Relations Marketing Coordinator
Permanent/Contract: Permanent, Full time
Experience: 4 years
Salary: Not specified
Apply to this job
[Tell a friend about this job opportunity]
[Riviere du Rempart] An International Hotel Group with a base in the North is looking for an E...
Content Writer and French Translator Trainee
[Riviere du Rempart] ABZ Global Solutions, an International Company oper...
Marketing Executive cum Admin Clerk
[Flacq] Attain set targets
devising and presenting ideas and strategies
[Plaines Wilhems] Would you like to earn extra money?
Kantar TNS is looking for interviewers...
Search jobs with these words
(+15) Marketing Executive
(+12) Sales Executive
(+9) Sales Marketing Executive